What is a Marketing Machine?
A Marketing Machine turns £1 of marketing investment into £10, £20, £30 or £50 of profitable revenue.
And it does it consistently day in, day out, month in, month out – for years.
Creating a Marketing Machine is about taking what we refer to as a ‘Glob’ of loosely (or not at all) connected marketing activities and engineering a high-performance Marketing Machine.
Your Marketing Machine will have four crucial elements, each working in harmony together…
- a strategic approach to generating new prospects
- a finely tuned sales process
- a highly profitable prospect nurturing system
- and a client nurturing system that drives the long-term value that every client brings to your business.
Creating a Marketing Machine starts with the right philosophical foundations – the right thinking.
A Marketing Machine is…
- Strategic – never campaign or event-driven
- Results focused – everything is optimised to deliver profitable outcomes
- Targeted – at a very clearly defined set of prospects and clients
- Focused on the prospect – it’s a seamless experience from ‘cold to sold’
- Super effective – it deploys world-class, proven tactics
- Measurable – measurement is a cornerstone of success
- Process driven – so it’s repeatable, sustainable and manageable
- Successful – it’s based on tried and tested techniques, measured and optimised
- Long Term – yes things change, but not that quickly, once built your Marketing Machine should keep working for years ahead
- The Best – it utilises the best, most appropriate and most effective marketing for your business, it eliminates the mediocre, the poor and even the ‘good’
A Marketing Machine is not…
- About “getting your name out there” – poor marketing is too often justified with these weasel words
- Creating awareness – you can’t bank awareness, it doesn’t pay the bills
- An event or a campaign – a one off, creating the need for a constant stream of new ideas
- About Design – yes design is important, but objectives, targeting, strategy, a compelling proposition, offers, your call to action are more important, much more important
- Explained away with the words – “you can’t really measure that”
- Hard to measure – if you can’t measure it, don’t do it
- A ‘good’ thing to do – good is the enemy of best
- Based on opinions – the only opinions that count are the customers
- Based on the ‘next big thing’ – let someone else waste their time chasing the next big thing, use to the fullest the current big and best ‘things’
- Built around gimmicks, humour or quirkiness – it uses tested and proven techniques
- About trying to win awards – the best award is a profitable, growing and successful business
To find out more about creating a Marketing Machine for your business contact us or call on 01536 747310.